Voting is on in Alaska right now! Yes, early voting is underway. Why vote early?
- Vote early so you can spread the news and encourage others to vote.
- Vote early to ensure that unexpected emergencies don’t keep you from the polls.
- Vote early to avoid a last minute rush.
Voting early also means you’ll stop getting so many campaign calls and texts! Here’s a link to locations for early voting. Find out early voting locations or Election Day polling locations and schedule a time and day to vote now.
What you need to know about voting
Remember, your vote is private. No matter what your closest friends and family members do and say, you can vote the way you choose. No one can find out how you vote unless you tell them how you voted.
By all means talk about the issues and tell people how you voted if you feel comfortable doing so; when people hear about voting, they’re more likely to do it themselves.
Remember, as long as you’re registered to vote, you can vote, no matter where you are. If you moved from one house district to another, you vote at any location that has all 40 ballots. If you are traveling, you can vote at airports.
The Alaska Division of Elections early and absentee information page overviews how to submit and return ballots, where to find early voting locations, and how to vote by using a personal representative.
Remember, scheduling the day and location for voting will help you remember, so find out your early and in-person absentee voting options now.
What you need to know about this election
When voting for Governor and Lt. Governor, please note that Bill Walker and Byron Mallott withdrew from that race. You will still see their names as options, but they are no longer candidates. If you vote for them, your vote for Governor and Lt. Governor will not count.
When is your early vote counted?
Any votes made at vote centers that have all 40 House District ballots will be counted on Election Night. Votes made at in-person absentee ballot locations will be counted immediately.
If you care about when your vote is counted, choose your early voting locations accordingly.
The Early Vote Centers with all 40 HD Ballots are open from 8 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday through Nov. 2, and then from 10 am to 4 pm Saturday, Nov. 3, and noon to 4 pm Sunday, Nov. 4:
- Anchorage: 2525 Gambell St. (Region 2 Election Office)
- Fairbanks: 675 7th Ave. (Region 3 Elections Office)
- Juneau: Mendenhall Mall Annex. (Region 1 Elections Office)
- Nome: Sitnasuak Building, 214 Front Street, Ste 130 (Region IV Elections Office)
- Wasilla: 1700 E Bogard Rd (Region 2 Election Office)
Locations with all 40 ballots
- Anchorage City Hall, 632 W 6th Ave (now until Nov 5, 8 am to 5 pm)
- Airports: Ted Stevens Anchorage + Fairbanks + Juneau + Ketchikan + Kodiak + Sitka. ANC: Ground Level one by parking garage (Election Day 7am-8pm) FBX: Baggage Claim (Election Day 7am-8pm)
- UAA Student Union, 3211 Providence Drive (Nov 5, 8 am to 5 pm, Election Day 7 am to 8 pm)
- UAF Wood Center, 811 Yukon Drive (Nov 5, 8 am to 5 pm, Election Day 7 am to 8 pm)
- Juneau State Office Building, Willoughbe Ave, 8th Floor (Until Nov 6, Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm)
- Prudhoe Bay, Service Area 10 Camp (Nov. to Nov. 6, 8 am to 8 pm)
Regional “Early” Voting
Votes at these locations is technically Absentee In-Person Voting)
- Homer City Clerk’s Office (HD 29-32), 491 E Pioneer Ave (Until Nov 6, Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm)
- Kenai City Clerk’s Office (HD 29-32), 210 Fidalgo Ave (Until Nov 6, Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm)
- Soldotna KPB Risk Management Building (HD 29-32), 162 Park Ave (Until Nov 6, Monday through Friday 10 am to 5 pm)
- Chugiak Senior Center (HD 12-14), 22424 N Birchwood Loop Rd (Oct 29 to Nov 5, Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5 pm)
- Mat-Su Borough Building (HD 7-12), 350 E Dahlia Ave (Until Nov. 5, Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm)
Election Day Nov. 6!
Polls open at 7 am on Election Day, Nov. 6. You can go to your voting locations or to locations that have all 40 ballots, including many airports and universities.
To find your polling place, call (888) 383-8683 or go to https://myvoterinformation.alaska.gov/.
If you or anyone you know is registered in the wrong district, you can still vote at any of the Early Vote Locations with 40 ballots or with a question ballot at your polling place.